Tuesday, January 18, 2011

New Year - New Goal

I've gained weight. I need a fill, but I'm afraid to get one. I need to get my eating habits under control before I can really expect the band to help. I eat fine for days, or hours or weeks, then boom I get crazy and eat an entire chimichanga in one sitting! (it was like, 1 1/2 pounds, seriously.)

My goal for this year, well, weight/fitness wise is to run a half marathon on May 1st. I think that if I can get to that goal I will lose the 15 or so pounds that I've gained back, and maybe lose more.

A couple weeks ago I started running again. I've been 4 times? No, more than that... two treadmill days, and 3-4 outside days. So like 5-6 times. I injured myself last Thursday on the treadmill. My gait was way off because the treadmill makes me unbalanced, so I irritated the muscle on my right flank. So much so that my toes were numb for 3 days and I couldn't sit flat on my butt - even on a soft couch! I had to take a day off from work because sitting in my chair at work was too much. lol I'm better now though, thanks.

So, I think my major problem was that I keep expecting to be able to run 3 miles straight like I was able to last year at this time. I just want to jump in and go. It's not working though. Partly because I haven't been taking my Advair, partly because it's freaking cold outside and that kills my lungs, and partly because I'm just not in that kind of shape.

Today I thought about it and realized that what I really need to do is start the C25K over again. Duh. Bring myself slowly back up to the right level. So I'm going to do that today. Hopefully the skies are mostly clear this afternoon, but if not, I'll put on a visor and get a little rained on I guess. (blech) I will do it though.


Current weight: 199??

2 comments:

Amanda Kiska said...

This process never ends, does it? Great job getting back to it. I'm sorry for the injury. Glad you're feeling better!

Kathy said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I am in Las Vegas and we are leaving for home tomorrow. It's sunny and warm here. Although I really miss Oregon I love the sun. But I have had a great time. I am glad you are back on track. I go to have another upper G.I. on Feb 1st. If all is well the doctor will start filling me again. I have no fill now and it isn't looking good here. Traveling is bad for the waistline. I have been getting in some exercise though. Good for you wanting to do a marathon. Keep up the good work and keep inspiring the rest of us. :)