Monday, July 6, 2009

Vacation!

About my diet since surgery. Once you leave the hospital it's the Stage 2 diet. That means that I have to have one shake a day, but the other two meals can be anything mushy or liquid. Like mashed potatoes, or strained soups or eggs. I have to admit I've cheated a little and had pasta and a few cooked vegetables. But I've chewed REALLY well, and only eaten really soft stuff. No meats or other hard to chew stuff.

My appetite has been coming back since about Friday, so it takes a bit more to get full than during the few days after surgery. Those days were crazy! I could only eat a couple teaspoons of something before I was full!

We went on a mini-vacation this last weekend as soon as I felt up to it. We left Saturday morning to Portland, went to the Oregon Zoo, and the Old Spaghetti factory (that's where I had the pasta...mmmmm). At the zoo we got to ride on an old fashioned steam train to Washington Park and back. It was so cool! By the time we caught the train my feet were throbbing from walking around the zoo. And it was so hot that day. About 90 degrees if I remember correctly. The Old Spaghetti factory was after the zoo, later in the day, for dinner.

Sunday we drove over to Astoria, went to the Astoria column and climbed up it... OMG so difficult it was 165 steps, but I made it! Then we spent the rest of the day driving down the coast from there on 101. We were going to drive all the way to Florence on 101, but traffic was horrendous. So we ended up cutting short and routing through from Newport to Corvallis, then on down i-5 to Springfield. We saw a bunch of neat stuff. It was a great trip.

As of this morning I'm down just under 3 more pounds from Saturday's weight. I'm sure the walking around the zoo, and the climbing that tower were helpful, to say the least. I am excited to say that if I keep loosing weight like this, I should be in the 230's by Friday. Cross your fingers for me!


Current weight: 241 lbs.

No comments: