Thursday, March 10, 2011

Ahhh... :)

Wow... ok, so it's been a LONG couple of days.  I haven't really eaten since lunch on Tuesday when I ate a third of my salmon burger and some chips.  I had that fill after lunch Tuesday and I've been 99% liquids since then.   I did slip and eat a bite of chili yesterday which I think caused some problems for me, but mostly liquids.

So after all the complications last year with my band liquid in then out then in again then out completely, etc...I decided that I should be all liquids after my .5cc fill to wait out the swelling.  I was good the rest of Tuesday, then yesterday morning, good then too.  Yesterday afternoon I was feeling better so figured it might be ok to eat a couple of soft things.  I had a slice of American Processed Cheese.  A couple of chocolate peanut butter eggs (which I ate because my calories at 4 yesterday afternoon were like 200 or so for the whole day and I was feeling faint), and a bite of chili with a cracker.  The rest was water or other clear liquid.

I was feeling a little uncomfortable by last evening, but was able to lie down and go to sleep without much issue, then at 2 AM, approximately, I had this sudden urge to puke.  I bolted out of bed to the bathroom and ... nothing.  So I put my finger down my throat to get whatever it was that was causing the problem - out.  I think it was the skin of the kidney beans that were in the chili.  That's the only thing I'd eaten that was a reddish color.

After that I couldn't lie back down again.  My pouch was sore, and anything but bolt upright made it hurt, so I slept on the couch for the remainder of the night.  This morning I was able to drink water and clear tea, but my Dutch Bros sugar free coffee... no dice.  I tried some chocolate milk later on, still troubled.

At lunch I went in to have some removed.  We ended up removing .4cc's out of the .5cc's that he'd added yesterday.  I feel better now, but disappointed.

Well, that's all for now.  I must get back to work.  Anybody else out there with these issues?  I'd like some feedback.  Thanks!!  :)

Current weight: 193lbs

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hi Angi, I am sorry you're still having trouble. I am unfilled and have been since October. I go back for another upper GI on May 4th that will be 7 months unfilled. This is my second time being unfilled also. It's so frustrating isn't it? I think you had the right idea of doing only liquids though and I may do the same when I finally get my fill.