Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Insurance

OMFG!!

So yesterday I was going to go in and get myself officially weighed in. I figured that I must have hit my goal weight, so it was a good time to do that. Wanting to make sure I had my goal weight before I went in, I called yesterday morning, about 10:30, to find out, and was on hold for 5 minutes. So I called back again, and was on hold still. I was on my morning walk, so I didn't really want to listen to hold music, I wanted to listen to regular music, and my iPhone is my iPod, so even though I could listen to both at the same time it would have sounded funny.

I tried back about 10 minutes later, and still was on hold. This time I decided to stay on hold, and did end up listening to both my iPod music and the hold music at the same time. Ick. It was better than hold music alone though.

I waited on hold for over 20 minutes. Then my lunch break was over so I had to hang up.

I tried back again later, about 1:00pm, on my second break, and this time I got their answering service. They were at lunch. OMG. The answering service said that they would be back by about 1:30, but by that time my break would be over.

After work I tried again. I called and this time I actually got through! Yay me. I talked to Cindy, the secretary, and told her that I wanted to do an "official" weigh in so that I could be in the running to get an upcoming surgery. Cindy said they were busy today, and that if I came in tomorrow, I could do that, and talk to Rosemary (the official person to talk to). I said ok, and hung up.

I went home, disappointed, but figuring, it's only one more day. The problem is that I'm on Slim-fast right now... the diet from hell... and that's how I've lost the last few pounds to get me into this range. Well, if at any point I go back to regular food, even with small portions, I'll probably gain back a pound or two which would put me over my goal weight. Which means that waiting one more day means I have to continue this diet from hell. I am so hungry during the day that I'm swooning by the time I get off work, and STILL can't eat. I can't eat till dinner.

Anyway, I get home and tell my boyfriend about all this, and he's visibly annoyed at them for doing this to me. He's like, "it's not that hard to enter someones name in a chart!" He wants to go get a new video game (Conduit, for the Wii) so we're going out anyway. He says we should drop by at their office, and I should pretend that I didn't fully understand what she said earlier and say:
"I know you guys were busy earlier, so I thought I'd come by now and see if you were less busy."

He figured that they'd be less able to send me away if I was standing right there in their face in person.

So, we went in, about 4:00pm. We got there and there was seemingly no one there. The front desk was empty. I was sure they didn't close till 5, and I was there before then, so there should be someone there. We sat down, and waited. I thought, well, if someone was actually here, maybe they went to the back for a minute.

After about 5 minutes, Cindy comes in. Yay! I give her the line, and she says, "I'll take you back and we'll see what we can do." We came around the door to the back, and she says, "We were just talking about you!"

At this point, I'm dying of curiosity. Why were they talking about me?? Is it good or bad? Do I owe them thousands of dollars? Do they know for sure I'll have to wait to get my surgery? Or... are they ready to schedule me?? OMG.

I walked back towards the scale, and on my way Cindy tells Rosemary that I'm here. Rosemary looks up and says, "Angela? Angela ******* ?" I looked up and said yes, it was me. She told me to come sit down at her desk so we could chat.

Upon sitting down she tells me that they were indeed just talking about me. My insurance approval came through FIVE MINUTES AGO!!

Knock me down with a feather.

Well, she then asks me, "Can you..." and I interrupt with a "YES!" because I know she's going to set me a date! OMG OMG OMG OMG.

She asks, "Can you come in for a pre-op consultation tomorrow afternoon?"

And of course I answer, "YES!!"

Then she said she was penciling me in for surgery on Monday, June 29th... MONDAY!!




...
...
...

Did I mention, MONDAY!?!?!?!


Current weight: 249lbs
Time to WLS approval: Done.

No comments: