Thursday, September 27, 2007

Keeping it on. Part Duex

Ok, I just want to put this down here because I might forget. I just did the BMI calculations, and as long as I stay over 231 lbs. for the next 6 months I'll be ok for surgery. I called my insurance company and they said that they use the weight after the 6 months doctor supervised diet. I'm at 243 lbs. right now, so I can't lose more than 12 lbs. in 6 months. That shouldn't be too hard, right?

I suspected that this would be the case, so I am on a binge right now to gain another 5 lbs so that I won't lose too much during that 6 months. Ugh. I've been researching this lap-band thing for months, and have been actively practicing my post-op eating habits in anticipation of the surgery so my stomach has shrunk. This over-eating is making me sick, literally. I feel like puking most of the time and my digestive system is going crazy. How did I eat all this food before? I know I did. I look at what I'm eating now and it's less than what I ate before I started all this, but it feels like so much. My mind is not reacting well either. The last thing I want to do is gain weight, but if it will help me get approved for my lapband then I'm all for it.

On other news, speaking of that 6 mos diet. I talk to my doc Monday about starting that. So hopefully, if all goes well, 6 mos from Monday will be my surgery date. This means I'm looking at April 1st. LOL April fools day. That ought to be interesting.

No comments: